Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Well Wishes for the Bride and Groom


Happy Wednesday and for those who apply, Happy Wedding Wednesday! I thought I'd share a project I just completed for a Bridal Shower. A while back I had reconnected with an old friend from high school through Facebook (I love FB, by the way). She recently asked me to create a FavorCake for a bridal shower with the colors were lavender and celadon. What a beautiful color combination!




In addition to making the cake serve as a centerpiece and favor boxes for the guests to take home, I wanted to include something special for the bride and groom. With that in mind, I personalized the topper box with the groom and soon-to-be bride's initials and I included some decorative strips of paper for each guest of the bridal shower to write a piece of advice or well wishes for the happy couple.




The host of the shower can then gather everyone's notes and place them in the topper box to give to the bride and groom as a memorable personalized gift from their friends and family.

Thanks for reading. Have a wonderful rest of the week.
FavorCakes by Erica

5 comments:

Rita's Creative Nest on May 27, 2010 at 3:16 PM said...

What a great addition to the Bridal Shower.

SewDanish-Scandinavian Textile Art, Unique Handmade Supplies on May 28, 2010 at 1:19 AM said...

Your favor cakes are simply stunning :-)
Birgitte

Maria Soto Robbins on May 28, 2010 at 10:35 AM said...

Those are lovely! I love the color combination!

Karyna @ PaperSquid on May 28, 2010 at 1:14 PM said...

Great colors! Really like your favor cakes :)

BKD Signature on June 13, 2010 at 12:44 AM said...

Really pretty colors. And I love the topper idea with advice cards. Very special.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

FavorCakes by Erica Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice