Friday, July 8, 2011

A Neighborly Treat


This week I was feeling a bit neighborly so I  decided to make Spiced Tropical Tea Coolers to share with my next door neighbors. The recipe is from an old Pampered Chef cookbook I had lying around. It's easy to make and a nice alternative to ice tea on a  hot Summer day.

I typed up the recipe and glued it inside of a colorful notecard so my neighbors can make their own tea if they so wish. And forget the fancy cups, I personally like to drink my tea out of a jar style glass full of ice.


I also picked up a couple of plastic green pitchers from my local Wal-Mart for around $2 each. They're cute and cheap and I don't have to hound my neighbors about returning my dishes, ha ha ha :-) The final touch was a cupful of ice and some orange slices and it's ready to go.

 Here is the recipe below if you'd like to try it for yourself. Enjoy!


Spiced tropical tea cooler

· 6 cups water, divided
· 6 tea bags flavored with orange and spice
· 1 large fresh mint sprig
· 1 can (12 ounces)
· 1/4 cup sugar
· Ice cubes
· Orange and additional fresh mint (optional)

1. Bring 4 cups of the water to a boil. Place tea bags and mint in bowl; carefully add boiling water. Let steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and mint.                                                                                                                              
2. Place remaining 2 cups water, juice concentrate and sugar in a pitcher. Add hot tea; plunge until well mixed. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
3. To serve, pour tea mixture into ice-filled glasses. Score orange using zester; cut into thin slices. Garnish iced tea with orange slices and mint, if desired.



2 comments:

Jacqui on April 15, 2012 at 1:20 AM said...

Hello there: I just wanted to clarify something in your recipe. It says 1 can (12 ounces) but it doesn't say of what...? Could you clarify when you have a moment?

Thank you! The recipe looks delicious!

FavorCakes by Erica on April 15, 2012 at 11:54 AM said...

Sorry, thanks for bringing that to my attention. It's a 12oz can of any frozen fruit juice from concentrate :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

FavorCakes by Erica Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice