Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oh the Funk!


So for the past week or so I have been in a funk. I think it's the stay at home mom blues. You might know how that song goes: wake up everyday to the routine of cooking, cleaning, nursing, feeding, wiping noses, wiping bottoms, running errands, running the kids around, more cooking and cleaning, getting the kids to bed, finishing up any work once the kids are sleep, and finally going to bed yourself so you can do it again tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade in being at home with my girls for the world. I've just realized that there's something missing, time for me.  I honestly don't remember the last time I did something for myself or went somewhere by myself without the kids.  I am in desperate need of a mommy makeover and I definitely need more date nights with the hubby so we don't feel so much like passing ships within our house.

So what am I doing about it? Well, the first thing I'm going to do is schedule a hair appointment. From there, maybe listen to a little Parliament "We Want the Funk" and figure out the rest :-)

2 comments:

Donna on January 27, 2011 at 7:08 PM said...

I think you are off to a great start!

Unknown on January 27, 2011 at 8:19 PM said...

So hear ya! My hair are screaming for attention too!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

FavorCakes by Erica Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice