Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Dishes Can Wait, Right?


Yesterday, after picking up my oldest daughter from dance class, my one year old was pretty tired by the time we got home. I was able to effortlessly lay her down for a nap in her crib (that's a big deal in my house). Soon after, my mind was swarming with things I could accomplish while she was sleep. I could do the dishes maybe get a load of laundry folded and put away. The cleaning possibilities were endless but I suddenly remembered that my oldest received a jewelry making kit for Christmas that she had been asking me to help her with.

I wish I could say my decision was easy but I'd be lying if I did. I just told myself that the dishes and laundry would still be there and it would get done eventually. So I pulled out the jewelry kit and brought it out to my four year old. Of course the moment her face lit up, I immediately forgot about the pending housework.  Afterall, the smile on her face says it all.



The dishes did eventually get done. As for the laundry . . .eh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD GOING WITH THIS NEW IDEA!

jenn said...

You're right. The dishes will still be there when the baby is off to college. Enjoy the big things, the small things will wait.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

FavorCakes by Erica Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice