Thursday, April 15, 2010

One Crafter's Trash is Another Crafter's Treat Boxes


It's great to have friends in my life who are also talented crafters from scrapbooking, card making, diaper cakes, you name it. I enjoy checking out another friend's craft room seeing their past and current projects and the tools they use to construct them. It's also fun getting a phone call or email saying "Hey, I'm cleaning out my craft room and found some things I think you might like". To me, it's like a crafter's Christmas.

Recently, a good friend brought me a box full of scrapbook paper and embellishments she figured she'd never use again. Going through the box, I was immediately hit with inspiration when I came across some light green paper with white polka dots. If anyone knows me, they know I love polka dots and the green color is perfect for Spring. I'd also found some adorable pink and white paper flowers in the embellishments.

With my inspiration and my polka dotted paper it was time to sit down and create, or rather wait until both of my girls were asleep in bed so I could sit down and create :-) This is my finished project.



Six Spring theme gift boxes great for filling with small treats. These would also make cute favor boxes for a baby shower or Mother's Day luncheon. Now the question is, when am I going to clean out my craft room?



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

FavorCakes by Erica Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice