Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Strength. Hope. Courage. Love


About a month ago, I was visiting a local scrapbooking store not feeling very inspired that day by what I was seeing. I kept looking around and spotted some pink and white card stock with the messages of strength, hope, courage, and love written all over it for breast cancer awareness.

I grabbed the paper not sure at the time how I was going to use it. It actually stayed in my craft room for weeks before I even touched it again.
Going along with my normal activities during the month, I was saddened to learn about two lives lost to cancer. One of the inspiring little angel Layla Grace who battled neuroblastoma and the other life of a beautiful young mother in my small town lost to cervical cancer.

This past Easter weekend after winding down from visiting with family and enjoying seeing my girls open their Easter baskets I came across my pink paper for breast cancer awareness. I sat down and just started creating.

I'm very pleased with the finished product adding it to my "Thinking of You" category. The boxes can be filled with small treats or little notes of encouragement and given to someone special or even to a team participating in a walk or race to raise money for a cure.

I'm also happy to announce that $3 from the sale of every Pink Ribbon Cancer Awareness MiniCake will be donated to Susan G. Komen for the Cure®

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

FavorCakes by Erica Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice